Are you emigrating to Australia for work?
Our Head of Distribution Yuseff Murphy discusses with Ilana Kramarov of Torque Tax the main tax issues faced when emigrating to Australia for work and how to find a path that works for you. The interview delves into:
- The principal areas you should cover in your planning
- The differences from a tax perspective between temporary and permanent residents
- The structure of Australia’s income and capital gains tax regimes
- Implication for those owning and operating overseas companies and trusts once in Australia
- How a foreign superannuation fund is treated
- The implications for estate and succession planning.
Have a listen to the episode below: